UK Government Data Standards Catalogue (GDSC), Version 2.0, Agreed 01.01.02. GDSC:
This is the e-GIF standard that should be used for all new and developing systems and for XML messages. For existing CDS EDIFACT messages however, BIRTH DATE should be used.
UK Government Data Standards Catalogue
|Data Element||Person Birth Date|
|Is Part Of||Person Information|
|Date Agreed||1 January 2002|
|Name||Person Birth Date|
|Description||The date on which a person was born or is officially have been deemed to have been born.|
|Business Format||See Type standard for date.|
|Element Type||Data Item|
1. See Type standard for date .
2. Date must not be in the future.
3. Date must not be later than Person Death Date where held.
See Type standard for date.
|Based On||See date.|
Level 0: Not Verified
Level 1: One or more of the following Secondary certificates:
Level 2: One of the following:
1. See Type standard for date.
2. DWP has a specific requirement to ensure that this data item is verified and has procedures to do so to 2 levels. The following also applies to DWP only:
3. A notional birth date will be recorded where an informant has reported an approximate age for a person whose actual date of birth is unknown.
4. In DWP if Person Birth Date is held, Birth Date type must be held.
This data element is also known by these names:
|plural||PERSON BIRTH DATES|